Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For Staci


Hello. Anyone out there? (echo, echo, echo) My lovely, scary smart, funny and articulate roommate has been blogging for about two months and has inspired me that perhaps blogging is a beautiful thing. Heck, on facebook my status is always so cryptic because I'm terrified of letting people see beyond the pretty armor I've been crafting all my life. Now I want to see what it's like to live with the armor off. Perhaps this concept of myself will shock some. Probably not. I'm discovering that if you really want to be honest with yourself ask a friend if you're being honest with yourself. So here I am. No! Don't look there! Over here...Just kidding. Look all you want. Now, for the title of my blog. I'm a southern girl. A bit obsessed with all things southern, and I LOVE cornbread and blackeyed peas. Come visit the blog if you like. And, be sweet, as we say in the south.

12 comments:

Staci said...

Yay, Marianne! I love it:) And thanks for your sweet words, southern girl...

Kid Feed Mommy said...

I love the subtitle of your blog. Ha!

I'll put you on my Google Reader so I'll never miss a post.

Love and hugs,
Kelly

mendacious said...

welcome to blogland mon amie!

i will add you to my blog roll.

Unknown said...

Baby! I guess I'll have to get back to writing.

penelope said...

your blog title's making me hungry! :)

Danica said...

Ooooo...I so want to see the Marianne without armor. Sounds like fun!

Martel said...

Lose the armor?!...brave stuff for a Southern Girl!! I know you'll make us proud!

Anonymous said...

Hi there - so cool! I look forward to following your blog! xx crystal

clark said...

come home. i have grits and greens waiting on you.

clark hicks

Amy The Writer said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere! Happy to add your to my reading list!!!

Lori said...

Welcome to blog-land Marianne!

Andria said...

I clicked over from (Mis) Adventures because your blog title was so catchy on their blog roll. . good choice. You'll definitely attract fellow Southerners to your table with that temptation.